Tuesday, January 01, 2008

A New Year

I could write any one of many tacky sayings here to welcome in the new year, such as 'out with the old, in with the new,' or 'another year gone.' I could even say 'Auld Lang Sane,' which doesn't really seem all that tacky to me. But I won't. Paradoxically, I already have.

It comes to mind that certain people (some less generous writers might call them stupid people) tend to make a resolution that they generally fail to commit to to mark the beginning of a new year on the Gregorian calendar. Or that's what the media portrays it as, at least.

As such, I have decided to throw my own coin down the well with the knowledge that I may very well never see it again. This year, I resolve to blog every weekend, usually every Friday or Saturday, and set aside a time on one of those days to facilitate the writing of an entry.

Bah, Humbug

~The Muse

P.S. If you're wondering what happened to the 'Button a Week Challenge,' I decided that it would be easier for me to put all of the buttons I wore in a single post after the challenge is completed. Seeing as a year has past, the challenge should theoretically be done, but I ran out of suitable buttons. I am always on the lookout for suitable buttons, and suggestions are, of course, welcome.

No comments: