(Two, four, six, eight, look at me alliterate!)
TMI Tuesday #157
1. Have you ever felt guilty or ashamed after a sexual experience?
Yes. Quite a few times, actually. For a while I used to worry that it was a spiritual/religious thing. I know now that I was buying into the social stigmas around sexuality, and that what I was experiencing was actually a hormone crash. When it comes down to it testosterone, estrogen, progesterone, and adrenaline are little more than drugs.
2. Did you ever own a fake ID?
I never did, and I don't need one now.
3. How often do you tell white lies? Is it with or without thinking?
I don't think I lie very often. I prefer being candid. I used to lie a fair bit in high school about my homework. I imagine I still tell white lies occasionally. Sometimes social etiquette requires it.
4. On a scale of 1-10, how well do you receive constructive criticism?
Generally speaking, I don't receive criticism very well. It's a bit easier to accept constructive criticism because it's ultimately to my own benefit. I'll say a 5 or 6.
5. Have you ever shaved your pubic hair?
Overshare in 3...
Yes. I don't mind arm hair or leg hair. But I don't like having body hair or pubic hair. I don't mind it on other people though. Just not having it seems neater, cleaner. I feel that it gives me more sex appeal. It's also a confidence thing. You can walk down the street and tell yourself "I know something you don't."
Bonus: What percentage of women do you think are capable of handling being in a "friends with benefits" relationship? How about men?
I'm not going to throw numbers around. I'm not a sociologist. FWB's are interesting things. I think the greatest concern with a FWB would be an actual relationship evolving, which is probably what FWB's are designed to avoid. Sex can be just sex; deeper emotions need not be involved. Sometimes people just need to de-stress and indulge their desires. I don't think most men have the social awareness to recognize this and may assume that a relationship exists where one does not. Conversely, I think most women do have the social awareness to recognize that fact.
TMI Tuesday #158 - Firsts!!!
1. Who and when was your first crush?
Kindergarten, I think. I don't remember her name.
2. Who and when was your first date?
No 'official' dates thus far. 'Unofficial' dates? I'm not sure what the first one would be.
3. Who and when was your first kiss?
I don't think that's actually happened yet. *blush*
4. Who and when was your first partner while "fooling around" in a car?
Hasn't happened yet.
5. Who and when was your first partner while "fooling around" in a house?
Hasn't happened yet.
6. Who and when was your first love?
As far as romantic love is concerned, I don't think anyone. There's certainly been plenty of platonic-, familial-, and puppy love.
Bonus: Who's blog did you first comment on?
Damned if I can remember.
TMI Tuesday #159
1. Have you ever had a moving violation? An auto accident? That was your fault?
No, no, and no.
2. Have you ever voted? How old was your were you the first time you voted?
Yes. I was eighteen.
3. Are you glad this election cycle is over?
4. Do you have a guilty pleasure? What is it (or are they)?
Everything. No, not really. Dark chocolate is definitely one. Books are another.
5. What is the most embarrassing thing you have done recently?
I don't know. Ask the people that laugh at me.
Bonus: How much impact has the Wall Street and general economic wilt had on you?
It's made me reconsider opening a new bank account, and made me reluctant to invest in stocks. That's about it so far.